POSITION: DATA QUALITY ANALYST – W2 ONLY!
LOCATION: WALTHAM MA AREA
TYPE: FULL TIME/DIRECT HIRE – W2 OR ONLY
Our direct client creates some of the most cutting-edge software products in the travel industry. We are currently seeking a Data Quality Analyst who will be working across multiple data storages and implementing test scripts to ensure data quality. You will be responsible for identifying the areas that needs quality checks to be implemented, design tests from an analytical perspective and integrate it with the system to ensure reliability and prevent regression. Position is Level I or Level II for a QA Generalist with strong data interest and experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and flexible schedules.
- Understand incoming data, identify locations of data elements, spot checking dashboards and reports to check there are no issues, run comparisons against data transition from one BI stack to another looking for variations.
- Ability to create checklists, use Jira. Working with transition from one BI Stack to PowerBI.
- Work with data warehouse and report engineers to ensure quality ETL coding.
- Help to identify, isolate, and communicate data problems within production environment
- Test new & existing reports and dashboard for data correctness.
- Contribute to technical documentation of test plans and processes.
- Participate in ongoing innovation to improve processes and bring scale.
- Contribute to tools/framework development to aid in data testing effort.
- Ability to work individually and within groups
Skills and Experience Required:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. This is a Level I or Level II position.
- Bachelor's degree, or work equivalent, in data sciences, computer science or related field
- Experience working with data, querying and analyzing data using SQL
- Experience combined software QA and/or software development experience
- Experience with or an interest in learning to work with complex travel databases
- Ability to analyze user requests, define requirements, investigate and report conclusions.
- Analytical thinking
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA & Confluence
- Excellent problem solver, able to take in and comprehends information quickly.
- Ability to self-manage due to remote work. Expectation to return to the office 1 day a week when a safe return is guaranteed.