The Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Data Research Analyst position in Bethesda, MD.
1) Provide support to Sponsor security missions, with emphasis on personnel security, assist in policy research to support national policies and decision-making, and directly coordinate with colleagues and senior-level government personnel on the status of various tasks/initiatives.
2) Provide executive secretariat support to the Director, Sponsor to enable the conduct of the Sponsor Security Board governance of the IC security programs.
3) Assist with the research, analysis, review, revision, and coordination of ICDs (personnel security, information security, including cyber security, physical/technical security and industrial security).
4) Provide mechanisms to assist with a continual change and configuration control process to enable more timely review and implementation of ICDs and associated policy based on risk management principles.
5) Report on daily issues and strategic topics impacted by Sponsor security policies and specific areas of security interest.
6) Attend working groups to record issues and recommend solutions relative to research topics and implementation issues.
7) Assist with the development of a standardized process to assess the waiver of ICDs and the appropriateness of "equivalent" security measures, and assist with establishing an IC-wide security outreach program for both government and industry to include personnel security.
10 years or High School/GED + 8 years or Associate + 6 years or Bachelors + 4 years or Masters + 2 years or Doctorate (PhD)
Minimum seven (7) years of experience supporting IC elements. These seven (7) years of experience may be concurrent with requisite years of experience.
Minimum three (3) years of experience supporting IC Security elements, supporting personnel security policy and program development. These three (3) years of experience may be concurrent with requisite years of experience.
Demonstrated ability to analyze problems conduct independent research, filter and synthesize vast amounts of information and data, summarize findings succinctly, and present logical arguments.
Demonstrated ability to extract data contained in large databases and analyzes that data to derive meaningful information.
Familiarity with the IC and its components, as well as its missions, disciplines, capabilities, and interrelationships.
Demonstrated familiarity with appropriate Security Regulations and Policies.
Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior leaders from inside and outside the USG, and to coordinate, network, and communicate across the IC.
Broad experience with the legislation, history, policy issues, and practical challenges facing security clearance reform initiatives in the national security environment.
Extensive experience in collaboration and consensus building across government organizations and industry.