Blackstone is the world's largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $915 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Instagram . Team:
Portfolio Operations / Data ScienceTeam Description:
Blackstone's Portfolio Operations Group is a team of dedicated executives and advisors with decades of combined operational experience and expertise, who together form a world-class operating platform that partners with Blackstone's investment and portfolio company management teams to advise and support the firm's portfolio companies across a wide range of operational initiatives, corporate functions, and business subject areas, including: growth, talent and leadership, technology, enterprise systems and IT, data science, group purchasing, health care, manufacturing excellence, lean process improvement, sustainability, and energy performance improvement. The group aims to leverage Blackstone's scale and expertise to support management in driving transformational growth and value-creation for all stakeholders across the investment lifecycle.
Blackstone Data Science ("BXDS") is the firm-wide team that uses advanced analytics and statistical methods to make us better investors and business operators. It consists of data scientists, engineers, and strategists who collaborate closely to analyze complex datasets, develop predictive and analytical models, build production-quality data flows, and advise on smarter data utilization.
BXDS is part of the firm's Portfolio Operations Group. We work hand-in-hand with Blackstone's deal teams and portfolio company management teams to drive operating efficiencies and identify new sources of value. We are also integrated into our investing groups, where we use alternative data and sophisticated analytical methods to source new investment opportunities and to advance due diligence.
We focus only on projects that "move the needle" and work directly with senior management at Blackstone as well as with top executives across our portfolio companies. If you enjoy fast-paced, stimulating quantitative work with tangible business impact, BXDS may be a good fit for you.Job Title:
Data Science Management Program - AnalystJob Description:
Blackstone Data Science is looking for Analysts to join their Data Science Management Program (DSMP). The program begins with a six month training period at Blackstone's New York City office with hands-on experience working with BXDS. The training period is followed by two years of rotational assignments on location at various Blackstone portfolio companies, working with company management teams to accelerate their analytics journey and provide a competitive advantage through data analytics.
The program is designed to offer accelerated career growth through diverse experiences at portfolio companies in multiple industries. During each assignment, participants will live and work in different geographic regions while building expertise in developing analytics practices and gaining exposure to key business functions and leaders. Program participants will be focused on driving tangible business value and are expected to be a leader within their company in fostering best practices around analytics, data visualization, and data-driven decision making.
A Data Science Management Program Analyst will focus on all stages of the data science life cycle. They are expected to own business intelligence, statistical analysis, and the streamlining of decision-making processes through systematized scripts, and data visualization. They will work directly with company management as well as operating and technology professionals. The ideal candidate is passionate about the analytics process, has experience working with a diverse set of datasets and within a variety of environments, and has experience delivering business value from unstructured objectives. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious with strong business acumen, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to adapt quickly to new challenges, and excellent communicators. This is a high-visibility role with an ability to quickly effectuate change through data analytics.Additional information:
- Assignments will vary by company, but DSMP Analysts are expected to serve as analytics leaders who drive business outcomes through data science strategy and hand-on technical work.
- Locations may be domestic or international depending on need and availability
- Individual assignments vary from 6 to 18 months, and participants are expected to complete two years of rotations in aggregate
- To ensure participants' support and growth, DSMP analysts will be paired with mentors, attend annual conferences at the Blackstone office, and will attend networking sessions within Blackstone
- Post-program potential career opportunities include a permanent role at a portfolio company, a position within Blackstone, or additional rotations at other portfolio companies
- Note that successful candidates are not guaranteed employment for any specific period of time.
- 1+ years of work experience in a data-driven professional setting as a data scientist, data/business analyst, or data engineer
- Undergraduate degree, with a strong preference for a technical degree from a top-tier university
- Data analysis experience in Python and SQL
- Experience with analytical methodologies and desire to solve novel technical challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines with minimal oversight
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team or independently
- Strong command of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Willingness to relocate based on assignment is a core requirement
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.