What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're - consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
We'd love to see:
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning tools and techniques such as neural networks, decision trees, support vector machines, genetic algorithms, logistic regression, clustering, variable selection, etc.
- Knowledge of some combination of C/C++, Python, Perl, Java, Fortran, or other general-purpose programming languages
- Experience with R, SAS, or MATLAB
- Familiarity with relational database design and concepts
Impact You'll Make:
- Research and publication history in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and conferences
- Previous experience doing predictive analytics in banking and finance, healthcare, gaming, telco, marketing, or other industry
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar database experience
- Unix shell programming
- You'll design and implement machine learning algorithms for real-world predictive analytics in a production environment
- You'll leverage our in-house "Big Data" to build predictive models on computing clusters with hundres of nodes and massive volumes of data
- You'll design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, SQL, Python, and proprietary parallel computing platforms
- You'll deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience
- You'll provide mentorship and training to junior colleagues and maintain progress on all initiatives under limited direct supervision
- Contribute to projects involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis, and machine learning)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Developer, Data Science and Analytics