TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.What You'll Bring:
What We'd Love to See:
- Master's or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, computer science, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field. A track record of academic excellence.
- Experience and demonstrated success directly supporting internal or external clients over a period of at least two (2) years and at least two (2) years of professional experience performing analytic work, preferably in industries served by Transunion. These experiences may or may not overlap.
- Ability to apply strong project and time management skills to lead multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Evidence of strong analytical, critical, and creative thinking and willingness to take initiative in problem-solving.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a complex and dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Advanced programming skills and aptitude; proficiency with statistical programs such as R or Python; experience with other programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Hive, Spark, C/C++, Java, Ab Initio); high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
- Atlanta or Chicago-based position, up to 25% international travel required.
Impact You'll Make:
- Capable of thinking innovatively. Eager and able to drive change through influencing skills.
- Operates with little supervision in a complex and dynamic, matrixed environment. Able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- International experience and familiarity with foreign languages preferred.
- Experience working with credit bureau data and solutions preferred.
- You'll support key global analytic initiatives, working closely with the regions to ensure analytics best practices are in place and support regional teams with proactive analytics and new product development.
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term, value-added solutions to TransUnion customers. These tasks will include - among others - the development of predictive models and business intelligence solutions for customers within the various industries served by TransUnion.
- You'll establish and maintain effective working relationships with regional teams within TransUnion.
- You'll apply your project management skills, statistical expertise, and knowledge of credit data and analytical resources to determine scope, design, development of data requirements and specifications, statistical analysis or mathematical modeling, summarize results for high-level presentations, in partnership with regional analytical groups, and ensure that deliverables are in accordance with stakeholder expectations and business needs within time and cost constraints.
- You'll become an expert in credit dynamics, competitive position, and market needs in the regions you support.
- You will provide oversight and hands-on support for the development of analytic solutions using languages such as R, Python, SQL, Hive and Spark, formalizing some of these efforts into repeatable process improvements.
- You will contribute to research and innovation initiatives in collaboration with other DSA peers and may lead small analytic research teams or manage research interns on a project basis, as needed.
- You will participate in the mentoring and training of junior colleagues, fostering a high-performance culture and cultivating an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
- You may participate in the interviewing and evaluation of new talent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Consultant, Data Science and Analytics