TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're - consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
Impact You'll Make:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, engineering, economics, or related quantitative field. Masters/PhD degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in credit policy, new account underwriting, credit-risk management or equivalent training and experience in the financial services industry. Having managed one of the functional areas would be preferable
- Must have knowledge of processes involved in development of statistical models (logistic, GBM/XGBoost scorecards, decision trees, etc.) that can be used to predict risk or marketing outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to generate insights and ensure they are disseminated, deeply understood, and used as the basis for development of new products and services
- Extensive knowledge of a data query language (e.g., SQL) and R
- Ability to motivate people to achieve through teamwork and work across all levels of the organization
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of TransUnion's core credit, and alternative-credit data, financial services lending products and services
- Design and write programs to mine through large datasets and develop predictive scoring models
- Present data and analysis in succinct and compelling presentations for external customers, internal partners and executive audiences
- Contribute to webinars, seminars, advisory boards and other industry presentations
- Continuously look for ways to reduce human intervention in processes and make solutions scalable
- You will foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand
As a Financial Services Consulting Manager, this position is a highly visible position. You'll be responsible for collaborating closely with sales teams & executives, business unit leaders along with other matrixed business partners such as legal, production fulfillment, etc. This position will build and manage a team of highly competent data scientists and consultants; empowering a data-driven culture.
The role contributes to new revenue growth by generating analytic solutions and market insights for mid-market community lenders and telecom providers throughout the country. This position will be located in Chicago, IL (all teams are presently remote due to COVID concerns).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Manager I, Data Science and Analytics