The Data Science Lead will work with key R&D leaders to extract insights from complex clinical, translational and real-world data. They will have the opportunity to work on complex data science problems including modeling techniques to interpret, infer and recommend based on insights from data.
Roles and responsibilities
- Formulates, implements, tests, and validates predictive models and implements efficient automated processes for producing modeling results at scale.
- Creates robust models based on statistical and data mining techniques to provide insights and recommendations based on large complex data sets.
- Presents stories told by data in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner.
- Responsible for collaborating with cross functional teams, including but not limited to, clinicians, data scientist, translational medicine scientist, statisticians, and IT professionals.
- Proactively builds partnerships with specialist functions and global counterparts to maximize knowledge and available resources
- S/M.S./Ph.D. in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Bioinformatics or another quantitative field with a strong foundation in statistical methodology or B.S/M.S with significant healthcare related software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience with statistical analysis in a healthcare related field preferred but not required
- Experience with large healthcare datasets, Machine Learning techniques (classification, regressions, feature selection etc.) preferred
- Experience using Git version control
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, with a focus on machine learning (R, Python, and Scala)
- Strong demonstrated understanding of machine learning methods and applied statistical packages as applied to data analysis within open source scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) is required
- Ability to summarize technically/analytically complex information for a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with good interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills.