When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
The Center for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (CDSAi)
is the 50-person innovative corporate Analytics group within New York Life. We are a rapidly growing entrepreneurial department which aims to design, create, and offer innovative data-driven solutions for many parts of the enterprise.
In the 5 years of the existence of CDSAi we have created a lot of predictive modeling solutions that are being used by various areas in the company. We have also built a modern model deployment platform that allows our models to be accessed in real time or batch (via APIs) from any production system in the company.
We have now reached a level of maturity where we want to (internally) productize many of our solutions, continuously improve them and find incremental use cases. The product manager will look after a number of such products by setting and managing internal branding and upgrade schedules and doing internal business development to increase the value and usage of our products.
The role reports directly to the Chief Analytics Officer and is non-technical (no hands-on coding). However, a good understanding of predictive analytics, technology, and life insurance (or at least consumer financial industry) is essential. Assuming this product manager is successful in the role, there is the possibility to hire additional product managers in the next 1 - 2 years who this person may lead.
The first data science products (roughly in order of priority) are below. There are many more that could follow.
- Customer retention models (for multiple products, segments and tenures)
- Agent productivity models (predicting both sales and agent retention)
- Geospatial analytics for agency distribution (helping the field organization to optimize office footprint, recruiting and various other efforts)
- Customer cross-sale and up-sale models
- Underwriting mortality risk prediction
apply your analytical and technical skills to understand our products in detail and plan/manage product upgrades with incremental data, features or for incremental use cases. You will
apply your marketing/business development skills to brand and promote our products internally with the goal of creating additional use cases and value. Responsibilities
- Productizes 3 - 4 existing data science solutions including branding and upgrade schedules.
- (Internal) business development for these new products and building new sub-products or delivery packages for these use cases. Create and defend related business cases.
- Creates incremental value for the products the role manages.
- Participates in technology planning and detailed requirements meetings and represents CDSAi.
- Sets and directs analytical requirements and collaborates with project managers, data scientists and data engineers in the realization of these requirements.
- Works closely with our model governance and monitoring team to implement and maintain product versions over time.
- Develops and manages product roadmaps.
- Researches external and internal data sources that may enhance our products.
- Is aware of the competitive and the data landscape and incorporates this awareness into future product upgrades.
- Works with a variety of internal and external business partners and fosters multi-disciplinary collaboration to both create business cases, craft solutions that meet end user needs and ensure their deployment.
- Supports internal events, expos, lunch & learns, etc. with displays and presentations.
- Follows industry trends in insurance and related data/analytics processes and businesses. Contributes ideas and actively participates in proof of concept tests of new processes and technologies.
- Assures compliance with regulatory and privacy requirements during design and implementation of modeling and analysis projects.
- 5+ years of product management experience, including internal advocacy and business development.
- 3+ years of experience working with data and analytics products.
- 3+ years of consumer financial services industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience in consumer marketing and distribution (ideally experience with distribution via agents)
- Solid understanding of predictive modeling, including knowledge about related technology/software infrastructure and model governance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience in developing and making influential presentations. Ability and executive presence to communicate persuasively with stakeholders at all levels in our organization as well as external partners. This is essential since you will have a lot of exposure to different internal groups such as Agency, Technology, Marketing, Service, Data, Legal, government relations, etc. as well as third-party data partners.
- Familiarity with consumer financial regulatory environment, especially around data privacy and algorithmic bias issues.
- Deep familiarity with the consumer financial data vendor landscape.
- Highly organized. Proven ability to effectively multitask between several, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities in a dynamic business environment while maintaining strong, productive relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Proficiency in creating effective and visually appealing PowerPoint presentations.
- Proficient in visualization and dashboarding using Tableau or other similar tools. Familiarity with SharePoint is a plus.
- Life insurance experience is a plus but not required.
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 83751