DATA SCIENCE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Synergetic Information Systems, Inc. (Synergetic) is seeking a Software Developer to support Data Scientists and Analysts to deliver business value by leveraging data and technology. The Software Developer applies a strong command of technologies to extract content from text based data sources into fielded data that can be used for search and data analytics. The candidate applies a strong command of text indexing technologies, data ingestion pipeline technologies, data visualization technologies, and integration of Models created by Data Scientists for the development of data-intensive products and services. The candidate is responsible for researching and developing solutions for data analysis, as well as collaborate with customers and stakeholders to devise possible solutions to operationalize a large volume, velocity and variety of data into information that can be easily retrieved and analyzed. The candidate keeps up-to-date with latest technology trends, communicates results and ideas to key decision makers, and implements new solutions as needed to support Data Scientists and Analysts. Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design. The Software Developer must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, have a team orientation, an adaptable nature and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationship. Ideal candidates are innovative self-starters that can learn quickly and assist the organization in meeting stated business goals and objectives.
- Research and develop software solutions for data analysis and implement new solutions as needed for specific analysis
- Drive the process of designing and building data ingestion and analysis solutions to help analysts identify patterns, find and answer important questions
- Drive the development of ingest process for new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Improve data integration by designing and evaluating new data interchange formats
- Study data sources by interviewing users; defining, analyzing, and validating data objects; identifying the relationship among data objects
- Develop solution to assist analysts to answer questions with available data by providing ways to export data in formats appropriate for their statistical techniques, algorithm design, modeling and optimization
- Plan data integration process by developing common definitions of sourced data; designing common keys in physical data structure; establishing data integration specifications; examining data models; determining best-fit data interchange methods; assessing tools for data integration, transformation, and routing
- Deliver data integration by implementing shared databases; developing system modification specifications; mapping data; establishing interfaces; developing and modifying functions, programs, routines, and stored procedures to export, transform, and load data; meeting performance parameters; resolving and escalating integration issues
- Communicate findings in lay terms to product managers, engineers and other stakeholders
- Analyze data from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources
- Develops web-based User Interface as well as Database Objects to enhance capabilities of CIDB and JTAPICDB web applications
- Assists in the deployment of web applications and web services.
- Develops products to ensure NGIC architecture changes are integrated with the application baseline.
- Extracts raw data and performs custom queries from databases using SQL and JPA/Hibernate.
- Prepares test scenarios for quality assurance testing of developed software.
- Performs unit, integration and deployment testing of software.
- Supports reviews of software documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math or related field, and 10+ years’ practical experience in data analytics.
- 5-10 years of hands-on IT experience
- CompTIA Security+ CE or CISSP certified
- Proficiency with the software development process
- Ability to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Experience with data cleansing, validation and general quality control principles
- Experience in Relational (Oracle) and Non-Relational (NOSQL)
- Experience building and optimizing *big data* data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interfacing directly with clients and managing customer relationships
- Software developer with a background in web and database programming.
- Experience with configuration management and software testing techniques
- The candidate must have experience in Java web application development.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong experience in Web technologies
- Knowledge of building Java Web Services (Spring, REST)
- Knowledge of authentication and secure communications mechanisms.
- Experience with range of development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Git, SVN, eclipse, Maven, Gradle, SQL Developer, Balsamiq, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in systems analysis techniques, concepts and methods and knowledge of available system software, computer equipment and open system architecture.
Desired Experience in:
- NGIC experience, in general, and CIDB and JTAPICDB database experience, in particular
- Knowledgeable of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with exploring and adopting new technologies
- Experience in a mixed UNIX and MS Windows environment is preferred, but not required.
- Top Secret and Eligible for SCI
- The candidate must be able to complete the training and certifications required by DoD to obtain DoD 8570.01-M IAT-I (Army AR25-2) certification.