TITLE: Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly created Advanced Analytics team which is uniquely positioned within the CFO Organization. This team is tied into enterprise level strategy, decision support and chartered to leverage advanced analytics to drive key business outcomes at NCR. The ideal candidate should have a graduate level degree in analytics or data science, have a strong track record of industry experience or graduate level project work with broad knowledge in the following areas: data mining, optimization, statistics, machine learning, data modeling, database design, retail domain knowledge, and reporting.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
• Lead advanced analytics research tackling some of the most important questions / solutions within NCR
• Design, develop, and implement advanced analytical architectures to enable business insights
• Code, Analyze and Interpret advanced analytical methods applied to data from various sources
• Consult with business teams on the appropriate selection, utilization, and interpretation of advanced statistical methodologies
• Communicate and educate technical and non-technical employees on advanced analytics
• Coordinate and interface with appropriate management, communicate with industry and functional groups educating technical and non-technical employees on advanced analytics
• Make appropriate decisions and collaborate as a team with minimal level of supervision; perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Develop and maintain internal process and project documentation related to projects