Data Scientist - DoD DC, Washington 20301 Security Clearance:
U.S. Citizen, Current Security Clearance, Secret Skills: DoD, Military Operations, Data Analysis, Python, Tableau, Java, Scala, SQL, Data Cleansing
We are recruiting for a Data Scientist to work in support of DoD military readiness. Qualified candidates will have experience supporting military operations and/or operations research in direct support of DoD using data analysis and visualization programs such as R, Python, and Tableau. Experience with descriptive analytics is preferred. This position will work at the Pentagon. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the technical discipline and applies extensive expertise to perform research and analysis to aid understanding and decision support.
- Applies and/or develops advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts in related technical disciplines or in a specialty.
- Applies state-of-the-art data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis. Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- US Citizenship.
- Current Secret security clearance (minimum).
- 5+ years of related work experience with a bachelor's degree in a related discipline OR 3+ years of related work experience with a master's degree in a related discipline (master's can be substituted for two years of work experience).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct experience providing support to DoD as a military professional is preferred.
- Hands-on programming experience with a focus on statistical model building.
- Programming experience with R, Python, Java, Scala.
- Data engineering experience with SQL programming, NoSQL (Neo4J).
- Experience with data cleansing, data munging, metric development, and descriptive analytics.
- Modeling experience with mathematics, hyperparameter tuning, statistics, economics, predictive modeling, and prescriptive modeling.
- Experience with data analysis, visualization, and dashboard software such as: Tableau, Qlik, RShiny, Python Bokeh, PowerBI, low coding platforms (Mendix, Appian, PowerApps).
- Prior experience with project management responsibilities overseeing a task from inception through completion is desired.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Availability to start work on/about July 15, 2020.
Tallon Recruiting and Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We comply with Form I-9 identity and legal work authorization requirements and utilize E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification in accordance the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process can reach us by email at email@example.com or telephone 571-333-2151.
For more information please visit us at www.tallonrs.com .