HFI is a dynamic, innovative company that excels in an ever-changing industry. If you are excited about the prospect of pursuing personal growth and advancement while offering help to those who need it, then we will welcome your application.
We're looking for an exceptional Data Scientist to join our Data Science team. This team is responsible for building statistical machine-based learning models of complex health care datasets.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for ETL, visualization, and data analysis. Your combination of coding chops and project management skills will support the team’s creation of mission-critical predictive models that drive our current operations and fuel our future growth.
You will be a key ‘wrangler’ of large datasets and SQL queries, and help us enable streamlined approaches that get us actionable insights faster. Your knowledge of algorithms and programming will enable us to parse large datasets (millions of rows) and apply heuristics, treatments, filters and conditions to our Big Data. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undertaking data collection, preprocessing and exploratory analysis.
- Discover opportunities for reproducible data acquisition and automation, for example writing custom stored-procedures and stored-functions.
- Recommend ways to automate/ improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Deploy, measure, and track predictive models built in R and Python.
- Conduct online or other research, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field (Masters preferred).
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Azure, AWS, Spark, Scala, Keras, Tensorflow, Java or C++ is an asset.
- Experience using data visualizations tools (e.g. Tableau, ggplot2) and/or data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop/Spark).
- 2+ years’ practical experience with ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
When you join us you can look forward to:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Life Insurance & Buy-Up Options
- Accidental Death & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Jury Duty and Bereavement
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- FREE Parking & Shuttle Services to Train Station
- FREE On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Discounts Programs for Products & Services
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Training Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Voluntary Insurance Enhancements: Short Term Disability, AFLAC
HFI is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. We recognize the rich variety of backgrounds, experiences and points of view of a diverse staff that enhances both the quality of the services we provide and the excitement and innovative spirit of our work culture.
We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran s status, sexual orientation and/or genetic information.