Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role uses Data Science and engineering techniques to satisfy customer requirements. This role evaluates and uses algorithms for Natural Language Process (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML). This role uses large data sets to perform entity resolution and extraction for work products and creates models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. This role collaborates across a team of Data Scientists, Data Administrators, and Data Engineers to produce work products.Primary Responsibilities
- Use Data Science and engineering techniques to satisfy IC DoD customer data requirements.
- Design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including big data sources.
- Evaluate and use advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, model complex business problems, and use automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets for customer needs.
- Use large data sets to perform entity resolution and extraction for work products and create models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action to satisfy customer data needs.
- Analyze the data related requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities including NLP, ML, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Collaborate across a team of Data Scientists, Data Administrators, and Data Engineers to produce work products.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Identify meaningful insights and interpret and communicate findings and recommendations to support data solutions.
- Develop algorithms and analytical techniques to improve business performance.
- Apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Experience in analyzing data related requirements and evaluating technologies for data science capabilities including NLP, ML, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Experience showing ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of using advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, modeling complex business problems, and using automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Ability to operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Experiencing demonstrating contributions to data related deliverables and performance metrics.
- Knowledge of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Experience working with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems and collaborating with Data Scientists, Data Administrators, and Data Engineers to produce work products.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of experience; or a Master's with 2-6 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
====ship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.Preferred Qualifications
Master's degree with 2-6 years of experience.
ITMODExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.