Fulcrum’s leadershipin Pivotal Performance is a very basic but steadfast commitment to customersatisfaction. It is a philosophy that permeates our corporate culture andprovides the backbone for our business processes. Fulcrum brings peopleand technology together to make our customers’ mission successful.
Our Technology services are at the core of what our company was founded on and a corner stone to our success. Fulcrum provides expert solutions to challenges in the areas of Technology, Research and Development Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis and Operations, Healthcare, and Mission Systems. We are seeking a Data Scientist to support our customer at the Department of Education.
Fulcrum is currently looking for a Data Scientist will helpus discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us makesmarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will bein applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and buildinghigh quality prediction systems integrated with our products and presentingthis data to clients and partners alike. This position will be responsible foranalyzing large volumes of data and providing in-depth analysis, metrics andreporting for purposes including but not limited to software defect rates,frequency distributions and data anomalies. In some cases in near real time.The candidate will be expected to efficiently and reliably help design,implement and deliver quality information in various forms of presentation thatmeets or exceeds all client expectations. The candidate may also be expected toattend meetings, conference calls or participate in other forms of directcommunication with the client.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Create and manage SQL queries necessary tosupport required known and ad-hoc data analysis using tools compatible withMicrosoft SQL Server 2016
· Create and manage Machine Learning-based toolsor processes as required
· Provide statistical analysis and results in ameaningful way to various audiences
· Provide domain-specific expertise and guidanceand perspective on best practices related to reporting and analysis of complexdata structures
· Discover trends in the data collected forprojection in future years
· Consult system architecture, design and coding as it relates to ensuring correct data elements are captured to support reporting efforts
· Analyze business and technical requirements
· Provide guidance and mentoring toless-experienced staff members
· Participate in conference calls, meetings andother communications with the client and other stakeholders for the project
· Enhancing data collection procedures to includeinformation that is relevant for building analytic systems
· Processing, cleansing, and verifying theintegrity of data used for analysis
· Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results ina clear manner
· Creating automated anomaly detection systems andconstant tracking of its performance
· Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
Bachelors of Science or equivalent
· Excellent understanding of T-SQL anddemonstrated mastery of efficient query development
Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
Physical Demands - The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that may need to be met by anemployee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee isregularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently requiredto walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop,kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to20 pounds.
Fulcrum is an information technology (IT) company based inCentreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal,state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum specializes in the areas of TechnologyServices, Cyber Security, Intelligence, Analysis & Operations, MissionsSystems, Health Care and Human Capital.
Fulcrum is an equal opportunity employer and givesconsideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard torace, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteranstatus. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
“CJ” *MON* #Dice