Data Scientist (Python/R/SAS) - People Analytics
Within Deloitte's Analytics as a Service (AAS), we help clients achieve competitive advantage through data and cognitive powered transformations that promote enterprise intelligence, autonomous processes, and precision stakeholder engagement.
As part of Deloitte's Human Capital as a Service, AAS is the premier analytics-powered and platform-enabled cognitive consultancy. Our vision is to be the Analytics Cognitive Consultancy of choice, leading clients to the future of how humans and machines work together through insights enablement, application modernization, advanced value creation, platform transformation, personalized customer engagement and workforce evolution.
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment. The Analytics as a Service team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and informed decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, we help clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Data Scientist, you will use data and analytics methods and technologies to help clients interpret data and make informed business decisions. Working collaboratively with diverse clients around the world, you will also provide change management assistance and help clients design business processes that integrate predictive modeling within their existing infrastructure to drive change.
* Interest and passion for data analytics, insight extraction, programming, and modeling
* Critical thinking to debug programs, create strong variables, iterate modeling techniques, etc.
* Curiosity about what the data says and the analytics that extract insights
* Perform data manipulation, wrangling, cleansing, and analysis (in Python, R, or SAS)
* Knowledge of internal and external data sources
* Build, iterate, and validate predictive models using multiple statistical techniques
* Interpret, understand, and present results to clients
* Provide support and assistance for the implementation of predictive models
* Preferable to have additional specialty skills (e.g. text / sentiment analytics, NLP, social media and web scraping, etc.)
* Bachelor's degree in statistics, actuarial science or related field of study
* 3+ years of experience with PYTHON and/or R/SAS
* 3+ years of experience in data wrangling/cleansing, statistical modeling, and programming
* Experience leading small teams
* Up to 25% Travel
* Master's Degree in statistics, actuarial science or related field of study
* 4+ years of data mining and predictive modeling experience
* Extensive knowledge of tools for data mining and statistics (SAS, R, Python)
* Strong knowledge of MS Office products
* Solid statistical understanding
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively work in a team environment and as an individual
* Strong work ethic and desire to help clients improve their businesses
* Strong desire for success
* Business analytics experience in one or more of the following industries: Insurance, Consumer Products and Packaged Goods, and Human Resources
* Modeling expertise using statistical techniques such as logistic and linear regression, decision trees, neural network or clustering techniques
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.