Deloitte is hiring a cleared Data Scientist
in Washington, DC.
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.Work you'll do:
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist management in solving operational problems, choosing courses of actions, establishing policies and formulating plans
- Help management balance expected improvement against risks
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Provide strategic, evidence-based analyses to agency oversight and leadership to further the agency's goal of being a model EEO agency
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required in Business Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or other engineering related degree
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance required
- Minimum of 10 years using scientific methods to collect and analyze data (qualitative and quantitative) for blended analytics (ex: Data Modeling, Collection, Simulation)
- Experienced incorporating data and context to understand and plan for change; develop mathematical models and simulations of operations, and compare alternative decisions
- Ability to travel up to 25% on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
How you'll grow
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Experience using analytics tools and languages such as R, SPSS, Qualtrics, Excel, and others
- Research experience, ideally in a Human Capital-related context
- Workforce planning, organizational effectiveness and development, employee engagement, and any future of work experience is ideal
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.