Position: Data Scientist
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 9-12 months (Extendable)
Responsibilities for this position include tracking and projecting the evolving needs of the AI community as well as understanding AI systems architectures, hardware technologies evolution, emerging technology opportunities, and the maturing AI applications software landscape and horizon.
This technical position will maintain constant awareness of the emerging AI techniques and will participate in research activities to maintain technical vision and perspective. The position will maintain regular communications with thought leaders in AI, attend and present at leading conferences to maintain connections and context. This position will also stay abreast of the market for AI in different market segments and will help design and implement solutions for the leading customers. In addition to the solution design and implementation responsibilities, the AI/DL Data Scientist will lead research projects in AI, with a creative blend of theory and practice, publish results in peer-reviewed forums and blogs, collaborate with university partners and other companies to expand the company’s knowledge of emerging techniques in data analysis.
• M.S. (or BSc + additional experience) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics
• 2+ year experience with proven record in the AI and data analytics domain
• Programming experience in C/C++, or Python
• Solid Deep learning background and familiarity with state-of-the-art techniques such as deep neural networks and their use cases such as image processing, natural language processing, speech recognition
Preferred Skills & Experience
• PhD. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics with specialization in AI/machine learning/Deep learning
• Contributions such as publications that have advanced the field
• Domain specific knowledge with AI use cases in one or preferable several vertical industries such as finance, manufacturing, life sciences, automotive, security, logistics, etc.
• Hands on hardware experience