CGI Federal's Emerging Technologies Practice (ETP) seeks a highly-motivated Data Scientist to join their Data team. The candidate will join a team of data engineers and data scientists that will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analysis of huge sets of data. Your primary focus will be in applying machine learning and data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality analytic systems - deep learning, anomaly detection, natural language processing, recommendation systems, predictive analytics and information retrieval. Your future duties and responsibilities
* Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
* Data mining using state-of-the-art methods - deep learning, learning to rank, anomaly detection
* Extending existing data with third party and open sources of information when needed
* Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
* Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
* Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
* Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
* Creating object recognition systems from images, video and other media feeds Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Master's degree or above (PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research, or other physical science/engineering fields
* 5+ years of overall experience in machine learning and data mining techniques
* Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, natural language processing (NLP) etc.
* Excellent understanding of deep learning techniques - neural networks, Boltzmann machines, auto-encoders, etc.
* Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
* Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, R Shiny, GGplot, etc.
* Experience in large scale machine learning
* Algorithm development on high-performance systems such as Spark, H20.ai, and others
* Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
* Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
* Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
* Experience with cloud providers - Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
* Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks/Databricks
* Knowledge of data exploration and visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, D3, etc)
Due to the nature of the government contract, US Citizenship is required Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* Data Analysis
Department: Digital Insights (Data/BI)