What You'll Do
As a Data Scientist, you will:
Who You'll Work With
- Identify opportunities to impact Cisco's strategy, operations, and execution with data science insights
- Be the problem-solver and catalyst that will help business teams make better decisions using Data and Analytics
- Bring an inter-disciplinary skill set of Applied Math, Technology and Business
- Design, build, and operationalize models using the latest in AI/ML techniques to deliver meaningful solutions
- Develop Data Products/Services across Descriptive, Inquisitive and Predictive Analytics to improve business processes and drive tangible business outcomes
- Above all, come with a curious mind and a passionate learning attitude
We are building an outstanding team of hardworking, result oriented problem solvers with the aim of enabling better data-driven decisions and thereby creating business impact.
We operate as a startup: work hard, learn every single day, focus on doing measurable and impactful work; and have lots of fun along the way Who You Are
Do you thrive in a multi-tasking, rapid prototyping, and agile development environment? You bring the ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions. Good interpersonal skills are an important part of what you bring to this role. Our minimum requirements for this role:
- BS/BA in an analytical or technical field (e.g. Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics, or Engineering). MS preferred.
- 5-8 years of industry experience in analytics/data science, preferably with some of that at a B2B company
- Consulting experience (especially analytics consulting) a plus
- You are skilled at defining problem statements, breaking down complex or fuzzy business problems into analytical questions, quantifying the impact to the business, synthesizing data to "tell the story," and recommending solutions
- Excellent statistical understanding and experience with ML algorithms including regression, clustering, classification, decision trees, time series forecasting, neural networks, deep learning, etc.
- Experience with Python, R, SQL languages in analytical contexts
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing, data warehousing, data integration, and ETL tools (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SAP HANA)
- Experience with ML frameworks/libraries e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, Scikit-learn, Pandas, etc.
- Understanding of tools and infrastructure needed to support data science efforts. Bonus for cloud technologies e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Experience with visualization tools, e.g. D3, Angular, Shiny, Tableau, Qlik, Data Studio, etc.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.