We are an exciting big data startup helping our clients do great things with their data. Our big data platform is built over the open source technology stack allows us to deliver world-class analytic solutions to our customers up to 80% faster than traditional approaches. The startup is led by some of the world’s leading experts in big data and advanced analytics with multiple years of startup and corporate executive leadership experience.
If you are passionate about data and enjoy solving business problems with analytics/visualization, then we have the right job for you! To our clients, we are committed to excellence in our technical work and generating extraordinary value for their investment. For our employees, we are committed to providing an ideal work life balance and a great place to do high quality work, learn new skills and grow in their career. We will provide you an opportunity to leapfrog your technical career by working in a startup environment with the salary/perks and security of an enterprise job.
You will use deep learning technologies to generate break through results in image, video, and unstructured data with a focus on oil and gas. The ideal candidate will have professional experience as a data scientist but if you have very strong software development and analytical skills. A masters or higher degree is required
- You will work with the business and architecture teams to identify where deep learning will lead to innovative, technology-driven services and products.
- You will research, design and prototype applications using advanced deep learning.
- You will help commercialize highly adaptive and robust models.
- You use machine learning techniques to develop predictive models for analyzing highly noisy structured, unstructured and time series data
- You use statistical methods for feature computation and selection
- You develop models that scale to big data leveraging technologies such as Spark
- You work with data engineers to cleanse, integrate and model data
- You transfer the developed models to our software platform and help in model calibration
- MS or PhD in Computer Science/Statistics/ related disciplines with specialization in data mining or machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Background in NLP or text mining techniques is a plus
- Background in deep learning is a plus
- Proficiency in Python and associated machine learning packages is a must.
- Experience in PySpark is a nice to have
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem including Hive, Pig and Sqoop is a nice to have
- Experience in at least one other programming language like Java
- Experience with UNIX/Linus Operating system and Shell Programming
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and passion for quality
- Experience working in a team based environment
- Experience working in an agile/fast paced work environment
- Experience with version control (Git, Mercurial)