HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please click the “Apply Now” button. Applications submitted without a resume will not be accepted.
The FBI Applications and Data Division is looking for dedicated technologists to help us face some of the nation’s toughest IT challenges. As an FBI Big Data Technologist, you will design and build solutions for Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts that bring together data lakes from disparate sources; analyze real-time data and come up with conclusions and predictions to reduce future risks; extract mission-critical intelligence; and provide advanced analytics to FBI investigative teams. In this role, you will provide end-to-end technical services for applications and data that will enable FBI Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts around the world protect our national security. If helping the FBI stay ahead of threats by delivering on the potential of software and data sounds like the right fit for you, join our mission.
- Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- All candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
All degrees must be verified by submitting college transcripts.
- Experience developing solutions using the Hadoop ecosystem, including HDFS, YARN, Spark, MapReduce, HIVE, Zookeeper, Kafka, Storm and Hue, as well as experience with NoSQL and graph databases such as Accumulo, Hbase, MongoDB, Gaffer, Graphulo and SecureGraph.
- Experience with search indexes such as Elasticsearch or Solr and experience using Splunk or ELK Stack to aggregate and mine cluster and application logs. The job requires the ability to write quality code and tests in one or more scripting/programming languages (Java, Scala, Python, R, Bash, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to develop RESTful web service APIs; experience with automated environment configuration and deployment tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible; and Linux Unix OS experience (including shell scripting and basic commands).
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile tools and DevOps techniques such as: continuous integration, continuous delivery, build and test automation, test driven development, etc