195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Automotive is currently seeking a mid-career, Data Scientist-II to join our Kelley Blue Book office in Irvine, CA.
Our data scientists are responsible for leading the development of advanced analytics models to solve our customers problems through innovative products and services; and inform internal business operations and strategy. They will work closely with product, engineering, and our business stakeholders as the subject matter expert on the application mathematical modeling across our family of leading automotive brands. The Data Scientist II works under the direction of senior data science staff and contributes to all phases of an analytics project. The scope of work includes the analysis and preparation of data, the development of specified models, and the compilation of results.
The selected Data Scientist II will work under the direction of senior data science staff and contributes to all phases of an analytics project. The scope of work includes the analysis and preparation of data, the development of specified models, and the compilation of results. Primary Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Under the direction of senior team members, contribute to all phases of an analytics project, including formulation, research, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Present findings to peers and data science leadership.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the field and research and suggest new methodologies.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related quantitative field with 2+ years of professional work related experience
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Proven experience applying descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive statistics to real-world problems.
- Experience in general programming language, e.g., SAS and/or Python
- Experience querying relational databases using SQL.
- An understanding of one or more of the following strongly preferred:
- Statistics: Generalized linear models, time series models, and forecasting techniques.
- Operations Research: Linear and mixed integer optimization and discrete event simulation.
- Machine Learning: Common supervised and unsupervised ML models, including decision trees, nearest neighbor models, and neural nets; and a standard ML library, e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow.
- Experience with product development strongly preferred.
- Experience creating compelling data visualizations strongly preferred.
Who We AreAbout Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.