Requisition Number: 80128 Data Scientist
Join Insight's Business Intelligence team as a Data Scientist and build solutions utilizing the most cutting-edge cloud based technologies in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced analytics! On our team, you will work closely with client stakeholders and our diverse, award-winning team of engineers, architects, and thought leaders to design, build, and implement next-generation solutions. We know that our success is due to our smart, talented team! As a full time, permanent team member with a competitive benefits plan, you'll have the opportunity to grow in a supportive environment where you can be creative, develop professionally, and stay on the forefront of technology.What our Data Scientists Do:
What We Look For
- Drive discovery, design, and execution of advanced analytics solutions for internal clients
- Work closely with client business and technical stakeholders to shape the success of projects
- Provide leadership at all stages of the delivery pipeline: estimations, design, management, coding, deployment, and more
- Create and deploy predictive, prescriptive and descriptive models and utilize analytical, statistical, and machine learning tools to uncover insights and actions
- Collaborate with other BI team members to ensure successful delivery and high business impact for our internal clients
- Present to client, industry, and internal peer groups
- Aggressively grow your skillset and expertise to meet the emerging needs of the market
- 5+ years of professional advanced analytics development and delivery experience
- Deep knowledge of AI cases and patterns: time series, classification, natural language processing, simulation and more
- Agile development methodology experience
- Proven skills in at least one of the following: Python, Scala, or R (Python strongly preferred)
- Experience with common machine learning libraries
- Experience developing in cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS) using the associated tools
(Databricks, Azure Machine Learning, SageMaker)
- Experience in traditional database development and analysis (SQL, PowerBI, SSRS, etc.)
- Capability across the full advanced analytics lifecycle, including business discovery, model operationalization and model monitoring and maintenance
- Skill at crystalizing vision into clear priorities, estimates, tasks, and deliverables (code, presentations, white papers, etc)
- Drive to make others great though collaboration, example, and mentoring
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies and passion to deliver quality solutions both individually and as part of a team
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 5 + years of experience using quantitative machine learning techniques
- 5+ years of Python experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- 5+ years of experience working with big data infrastructure and tools (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Java, MapReduce).
- Advanced degree in quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics)
- Strong programming skills using advanced statistical tools like R, Python, SAS, and MATLAB with ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes, conduct statistical data analysis, and build predictive models.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques (e.g., probability, multivariate data analysis, regression, PCA, time-series analysis)
- Solid understanding of and experience with machine learning techniques, such as decision trees, random forests, neural networks, SVM, ensemble learning, etc.
- Strong acumen diagnosing and resolving data issues to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, quantitative reasoning skills, and problem-solving skills. Ability to relate complex analysis and insights to effective business strategy
- Proven ability to drive each project to completion with minimal guidance while effectively managing multiple projects at a time
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Tempe, AZ ||Nearest Major Market:
Phoenix Job Segment:
Database, Scientific, Engineer, Developer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering