Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
Responsible for applying statistics, machine learning and analytic approaches to answer key intelligence questions, producing results and reusable products that provide real value to military intelligence analysts. Recognizes when data science can add value to an intelligence problem, and when it cannot, and can translate an intelligence problem into a data science problem and work with intelligence analysts and leaders to refine understanding of the problem. The data scientist is a creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge, is able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions, and has strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on production for reuse. The successful candidate will develop and refine date sets to achieve stakeholder goals and objectives as requested and specifically:
- work with analysts to interpret analytic results and refine analysis as needed.
- apply machine learning techniques to identify and transform data features, find hidden patterns and trends, build and optimize classifiers, create automated anomaly detection systems, and automate steps of the intelligence process.
- evaluate statistical models to determine the validity of analyses, implement evaluated models into production by collaborating with software developers, periodically re-evaluate and refine machine learning models being used in production.
- coordinate with Data Analysts to refine and implement models and monitor outcomes.
- develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- communicate results and ideas to key decision makers, analysts and other stakeholders.
- advise on the interpretation and use of data intelligence products, quality assessments and applications.
- collaborate with intelligence analysts to understand needs and devise possible solutions.
- conduct technical reviews and develop appropriate materials to training system users and Instructors in preparation of operational deployments.
- assess training requirements based on current system and functional baseline.
- develop training artifacts in support of operations including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
Must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment with several ongoing concurrent projects; able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong leadership, communications, and professional traits. Must be Goal-oriented, encouraging to team and staff and comfortable as a teamplayer, leader and mentor.
Must possess a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques; desire to maintain currency on latest industry trends including completing additional training; and be able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently. Qualifications
- Requires an MS in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related field.
- 2-4 Years with a Bachelor's Degree , 0-2 with a Master's Degree or 8-10 years with a Highschool Degree
- Two years leading data science projects and five years intelligence analysis experience.
- Languages, Tools, and Techniques: Demonstrated proficiency with R or Python, and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large and small data sets.Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, ggplot, Bokeh, etc.Skilled data wrangler. Experience with database solutions including SQL, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) and graph (e.g. Neo4j)
- Demonstrated proficiency in a variety of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
Top Secret/SCI required About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Demonstrated proficiency with common data science libraries.
- Demonstrated proficiency visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AWS, in particular products related to analytics, compute, database, developer tools, and machine learning.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).