Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves - from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That's why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures "intrapreneurs" among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
What You'll Do/Need
The Harvard Business Review characterized "Data Scientist" as the "Sexiest Job of the 21st Century," and with good reason. Perhaps no other position in today's technology landscape is so central to the transformation of how business is done. If data is the vehicle that unlocks new frontiers of business capability in the Information Age, Data Scientists are the drivers. At Quicken Loans, we rely on Data Scientists to unleash the potential of machine learning, Big Data and modeling to solve critical business challenges that give us a competitive edge.
* Leverage your knowledge of programming, mathematics and computer science to transform the way our company does business
* Translate business opportunities into data-driven machine learning, Big Data, and modeling solutions that revamp our processes or produce data products
* Develop and collect data for ad hoc and statistical analyses
* Identify methods that allow continuous and automated statistical testing to enhance the predictability of deployed models
* Maintain relationships between business-area clients, business intelligence and IT so all teams are aligned to meet team objectives
* Work with Project Managers to develop detailed project timelines
* Summarize and present conclusions and solutions
* Communicate complex analyses clearly to all audiences
* Master's degree or above in a STEM field, including but not limited to: computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, engineering, economics, social sciences, physics, chemistry.
* Experience working with raw and missing data
* Understanding of programming fundamentals
* Understanding of Statistics
* Excellent communication skills
* Four years of experience providing advanced analytics within a business setting
* One year of data-science implementation experience within a business setting
* Experience with data visualization tools and time series
* Working knowledge of relational databases and standard SQL query methods
* Proficiency in at least one general programming language such as Python, Java or C/C++
* Experience working with Big Data within a Hadoop environment
* Experience working with R, SAS or other statistical packages
* Advanced experience with statistical, econometric or data-mining tools and methods
* Experience with linear models (linear regression, generalized linear regression, logistic regression), and nonlinear modeling techniques
* Knowledge of advanced nonlinear techniques, including smoothing and ensemble methods
What You'll Get
* Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
* Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
* Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we're in the business of putting roofs over our clients' heads, but we certainly aren't putting ceilings on our team members' careers. If you're interested in working in a place with a philosophy that's truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 - 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 - 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July - August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March - April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.