Job ID: 2113917 Location:
SPRINGFIELD , VA , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCIClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Data Scientist to help advance the mission of NGA's Office of Special Programs performing duties including algorithm and tool design, creation, and maintenance, technology transition, algorithm verification and validation, and software test.
- Design, test, and modify data processing algorithms using real and/or surrogate data
- Design, test, and modify geospatial big-data processing algorithms and enable implementation in either Python or Java suitable for a cloud-based architecture using Spark, Elastic Search and/or Hadoop
- Engage with users to understand needs an analytic strength/weakness of developed algorithms
- Perform data analysis to identify algorithms technical limitations or defects, document findings and suggest solutions
- Process/manipulate geospatial data and provide recommendations to provide additional utility beyond manual exploitation
- Interact professionally with senior-level executives and other personnel prioritizing and accomplishing assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- MA/MS programing, computer science disciplines plus work experience (8+ years)
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance and IC Polygraph
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Java, C++, Linux, HTML, Python and/or parallel processing algorithm
- Experience in GEOINT, SOM (NGA), data science, imagery science, GIS domains
- Familiarity with systems integration, software test and V&V activities
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.