Job ID: 2111406 Location:
STERLING , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public TrustPotential for Remote Work:
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Data Scientist to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
For this position, you will be responsible for the following.
• Develop an understanding of the customer's data environment through data profiling and statistical analyses
• Execute complex SQL queries
• Design and development of complex large scale OLTP systems
• Obtain, scrub, explore, model and interpret data currently stored in various types of databases using SQL and other data mining tools
• Experience automating business processes using RPA technologies
• Ability to analyze, understand business problems and express it in UML or similar modeling language
• Perform statistical analysis and tune using test results
• Study appropriate datasets and transform data science prototypes
• Research and implement appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools and develop machine learning applications according to requirements
• Train systems when necessary Qualifications Required experience and skills:
• Bachelor's Degree and minimum 14 years of experience or equivalent.
• Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation
• Experience with developing predictive models for using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
• Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
• Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, decision trees).
• Conceptual understanding of - and/or prior experiences related to - data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).Perform the above tasks using SAS, SPSS, R, or Matlab.
• Possess the ability to perform with little direct supervision as a self-starter.
• Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Be a self-motivated, creative, and inquisitive problem solver with a strong work ethic.
• Be (or rapidly become) a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer's mission.
• Be able to generate written documentation of all work performed.
• Have a customer-focused demeanor.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand and analyze data models - how the data is stored in relational databases
• Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
• Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models
• Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
• Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
• Advanced - Master's degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred
• Strong organization and time management skills - prior experience in leading a small team is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment Clearance Requirement:
- Must be able to obtain a US Customs Public Trust
- U.S. Citizenship Required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.