SAIC is seeking an early career data scientist with experience using R and Python for statistical data analysis and visualization. The candidate will join the dynamic team of the Identity and Data Sciences Laboratory (IDSL). The IDSL is tasked with identifying state of the art technologies including facial recognition and AI and examining their applicability to new customer use cases. The IDSL has a cutting-edge infrastructure for gathering and processing multi-modal data in real-time from large-scale experiments from our test facility (Maryland Test Facility; http://mdtf.org ) as well as from external data sources. Our scientists regularly publish technical papers and enjoy great work-life balance and an environment that promotes learning and exploration.
The data scientist will:
• Assist with data acquisition and processing tasks, working with software engineers and evaluation designers to build datasets that support specific analytic tasks.
• Work with senior team members to perform statistical analyses to identify significant effects in novel experimental and operational datasets, including exploratory analyses.
• Implement data visualizations to facilitate a visual understanding of identified effects and differences for both technical and lay audiences.
• Contribute to writing customer reports and technical whitepapers.
The ideal candidate:
• Thrives on being on the critical path and able to work independently.
• Able to think critically to solve complex analysis tasks, and can clearly explain and document all analysis steps.
• Prioritizes analysis validity and repeatability by others.
• Comfortable working within a diverse team including test designers and software engineers.
• Willing to adapt analytic requirements to changing needs.
• Experience working in a research environment.
• Experience with real-time data processing and visualization tools.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This position is based in Upper Marlboro, MD. Up to 10% travel is expected within the continental US.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required BS with two (2) years of experience or MS with experience in the following areas:
1. Parametric and non-parametric statistical methods.
2. Performing statistical data analysis in R and/or Python.
3. Visualizing statistical effects in complex datasets.
4. Clearly explaining analytic results in well-written reports.
My SAIC Benefits.