ECS is seeking a Data Scientist Senior
to work in our Springfield, VA
or St. Louis, MO
office. Job Description:
AOE Data Scientist provide data expertise and mentoring to the Eurasia Line of Business in scripting, modeling, mining, and visualization by applying moderately complex tools and algorithms to identify trends and patterns in data, as well as identifying new techniques and capabilities for analytics through conditioning of data.
In addition to the duties outlines in the Base SOW, the contractor shall:
- Assist with formalizing and integrating the collection, validation, analysis, and display of data through scripts
- Analyze and interpret statistical data to identify trends or relationships among variables and factors that could affect the results of research in collaboration with ATSG
- apply complex statistical and mathematical analysis to identify trends, conflict, opportunities, solve complex analytic problems, optimize data interoperability in collaboration with ATSG.
- Prepare statistical reports and/or visualization, to include graphics or other visual representations of information.
- Evaluate tools for efficiency and utility for analysis and visualization of data.
- Identify technology solutions, including script development, to improve analytic workflows, address complex data requests, and overcome system limitations to meet customer requirements, in line with the Eurasia LoB Data Strategy.
- Process and triage code problems for data related issues.
- Develop and optimizes performance regarding processes for data discovery, modeling, mining, production, and data analysis techniques.
- Recommend improvements for data capture requirements to enable further analytics.
- Visualize information, conducts comparative analysis, develops scripts, algorithms, or models, and develops report in results of data analysis.
- Automate where possible the process for data transformations and validation to ensure the integrity, quality, and applicable mappings to the standards, for data personally created/updated, under guidance from the LoB data strategy.
- Performa data conditioning techniques and processes for analytic purposes and to discard irrelevant information to identify anomalies or outliers in data.
- Assist analysts identify trends, correlations, and patterns in data through mining data from multiple sources to monitor, evaluate, and forecast anticipated behaviors or events
- MS or 6+ years of experience
- Must have experience using quantitative and qualitative techniques to solve complex problems using analytic tools and techniques such as GIS, quantitative methods and data visualization, modeling, systems analysis, comparative analysis, and database development.
- Demonstrated experience relevant to managing data science projects and workflows.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data mining, cleansing, and exploring spatial, temporal, and non-spatial data in both structured and unstructured formats.
- Must have the ability to learn an intelligence problem's essential elements of information, identify sub-processes and dependencies, locate process dysfunction, develop alternative processes or analysis, share expertise with analysts and document approaches and methods for GEOINT analysis.
- Training in applied mathematics including statistics and mathematical support to provide temporal and pattern analysis, correlation of events, probability analysis, assessments of sampling, analysis of variance and error, and regression testing and analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- PhD in a quantitative discipline such as data science, Geographic Information Science, Geography, Physical Science, Operations Research, or a related field.
- Experience with one or more programing languages:
- Demonstrated experience with two or more modeling software suites in the absence of programing knowledge:
- e.g. FME, SPSS, SAS, ArcGIS ModelBuilder, or similar
- Experience with two or more visualization tools \ packages:
- e.g. (ggplot, Plotly, matplotlib, D3, Tableau, bokeh)
- Experience with software packages for formatting and cleansing data in the absence of programing knowledge:
- Domain knowledge / IC:
- Background in intelligence, defense, international relations, or public administration multi-disciplines.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the US Intelligence Community specifically GEOINT collection and exploitation.
- Experience collaborating with all national and service intelligenceagencies/centers
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.