SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for the development and implementation of predictive modeling algorithms and techniques to solve more complex business problems and optimize member experiences.
Preferred Location - Chicago, IL
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
• Design and lead predictive modeling projects to address more complex business problems determined by consultation with business partners.
• Piping and processing massive data-streams in distributed computing environments such as Hadoop to facilitate analysis.
• Recommends appropriate batch and real-time model scoring and monitoring to drive actions.
• Provides oversight in development of proprietary algorithms to build customized solutions that go beyond standard industry tools and lead to innovative solutions.
• Develop advanced visualization of analysis output for business users.
• Publish results and address constraints/limitations with business partners.
• Provides actionable insights to output produced to ensure established targets are met.
• Determines the continuous improvement opportunities of current predictive modeling algorithms.
• Proactively collaborates with business partners to determine identified population segments and develop actionable plans to enable the identification of patterns related to quality, use, cost and other variables.
• Lead and mentor Data Scientist.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Econometrics, Physics, Biostatistics or related Quantitative disciplines or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. 5 or more years experience in predictive analytics or equivalent. Must have advance expertise in python programming. 2+ years' experience with production grade implementation of deep learning based AI applications is strongly preferred. 1+ years' experience building deep learning based voice AI systems is strongly preferred. Familiarity with Docker and containers desirable. Experience working in Linux environment with data in HDFS. Experience leading end-to-end data science project implementation. Experience managing a small team either through formal or informal reporting relationship is preferred. PhD and experience in the healthcare sector preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.