Job ID: 2110249 Location:
STERLING , VA , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
Public TrustClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public TrustPotential for Remote Work:
- Develop an understanding of the customer's data environment through data profiling and statistical analyses
- Execute complex SQL queries efficiently. (Note: Advanced command of SQL is important.)
- Design and development of complex large scale OLTP systems
- Obtain, scrub, explore, model and interpret data currently stored in Oracle various types of databases - using SQL and other data mining tools
- Experience automating business processes using RPA technologies
- Ability to analyze, understand business problems and express it in UML or similar modeling language
- Perform statistical analysis and tune using test results
- Study appropriate datasets and transform data science prototypes
- Research and implement appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools and develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Train systems when necessary
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Masters and fifteen (15) years or more experience
Required experience and skills:
- Advanced - Master's degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred
- Experience with developing predictive models for using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
- Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
- Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, decision trees).
- Conceptual understanding of - and/or prior experiences related to - data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).Perform the above tasks using SAS, SPSS, R, or Matlab.
- Possess the ability to perform with little direct supervision as a self-starter.
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Be a self-motivated, creative, and inquisitive problem solver with a strong work ethic.
- Be (or rapidly become) a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer's mission.
- Be able to generate written documentation of all work performed.
- Have a customer-focused demeanor.
- Have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and analyze data models - how the data is stored in relational databases
- Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
- Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models
- Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
- Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
- Strong organization and time management skills - prior experience in leading a small team is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment
- U.S. Citizenship is required and ability to obtain Customs and Border Protection Public Trust
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
My SAIC Benefits.