Title: Data Scientist
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has openings for Data Scientist. This position is based in Dearborn, MI for a Fortune 500 Automotive Manufacturer. This position is expected to be long term. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance, if needed.
**No 3rd Party vendors – this client does not allow sub-contracting.
- Develop and maintain models to quantify the relationship between auction prices and key residual values drivers.
- Quantify and decompose residual value gaps between brands and vehicles.
- Support new/used vehicle option/color analysis including customer willingness to pay and trim mix optimization.
- Apply and integrate latest analytical tools and data sources to more accurately model used vehicle prices.
- Execute both descriptive and inferential ad hoc requests for management and business customers in a timely manner.
- Provide data analysis visualization and prepare presentation materials to share with management and business customers.
- 2+ years’ experience using advanced modeling (including machine / deep learning, statistical, econometric, optimization, etc.) and simulation techniques in a business or academic environment
- One or more of the following: Python, SQL, Hadoop, Teradata, SAS, Business Objects, Alteryx
- One or more of the following: QlikView, Tableau, WebFocus
- Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with various modeling methodologies, including economics, econometrics, statistics, and data mining.
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to handle working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Be able to make reasonable judgments and conclusions with limited information and resources.
- Be able to utilize all major modeling techniques as applied to short and long-term volume and price forecasts.
- Be able to quickly convert a real business requirement into a solvable modeling problem, sort out relevant information, and judge the solution against business reality.
- Be aspirational and curious in technical excellence and innovation.
- Have a lifetime learning attitude.
- 3+ years of Auto industry related work (auto marketing and sales experience a plus)
Resume Submittal: please email a word formatted resume to Shweta Huria at or contact at In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Data Scientist (Dearborn, MI).
Corporate Information: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast growing IT consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with expertise in Application Development, Application Management, Web Services (SOA), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Wireless Solutions, Legacy migrations and Project Management. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our clients global IT needs. STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and paid holidays. For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.