Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a Data Scientist
who is versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across mission critical exploitation capabilities as we continue to push the technology forward. As a data scientist in the National Solutions Intelligence Group, you will join a functional team of accomplished software developers and engineers that deliver quality solutions to address the toughest national security challenges. As a data scientist you will design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including big data sources. We're looking for a self-starter to help provide insight and expertise to our talented team.Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Data Scientist the applicant will employ mathematical and statistical modeling approaches to a wide range of problems in operations, strategic planning, and data analysis that lead to actionable decisions. Define problems, build models, and perform analysis to identify alternatives and recommendations to maximize operational efficiency. Create visualizations that tell a story to clearly explain results of analysis describing complex mathematical methods, applications, and results to the client and teammates from technical and nontechnical disciplines. Minimum Qualifications:
- An active TS
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- The contractor shall provide an individual with the following detailed list of qualifications:
- Individuals must have a minimum of 4 years experience with large data sets and storage
- Individuals must have a minimum of 4 years experience in pattern recognition and the ability to identify relationships between features.
- Individuals must have a minimum of 4 years of experience with machine learning, mathematical programming and software, applied probability, and statistical methods.
- Experience in the interactions between computers and humans.
- Experience in understanding and working around possible limitations in models.
- Experience in being able to develop hypothesis and test them with careful experiments.
- Individuals with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the following areas:
- Experience in handling large and complex datasets
- Good working knowledge of data mining and data visualization
- Experience with Python, noSQL, Hadoop (or similar)
- Experience using computers to improve as well as develop algorithms
- Experience in descriptive and predictive modeling
- Ability to collaborate and share initiatives in developing & innovating solutions
- Must be inquisitive and do what if analysis on data, questioning existing assumptions and processes.
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment where priorities change rapidly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with network device IOS installation, configuration and backup and restoration
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience with network and system auditing and security assessment techniques
- Provide advanced application level support for the resolution of security system faults
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.