Arlington, VA 20301 Security Clearance Requirement:
We are recruiting for a Data Scientist to provide assessment and analysis for military readiness. This position requires experience with data analytics including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other data analysis and visualization programs (R, Python, Tableau). Experience in a DoD environment conducting operations research on military readiness is preferred. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform research and analysis to aid understanding and decision support for military readiness.
- Provide data mining support and offer techniques for improvement.
- Support statistical analysis.
- Provide hands-on development support for high-quality prediction systems.
- Support processing, cleansing, and verifying data integrity to be used for analysis.
- Support ad-hoc analysis and reporting and present data in a concise format.
- Current Secret clearance (minimum).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or other related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on programming focused on statistical model building using an open source language such as: R, Python, Java, Scala.
- A master's degree in a related field may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Data engineering experience with SQL programming, NoSQL (Neo4J).
- Hands-on experience with data cleansing, data munging, metric development, and descriptive analytics.
- Hands on modeling experience in one or more of these areas: mathematics, hyperparameter tuning, statistics, economics, predictive modeling, and prescriptive modeling.
- Experience in data visualization and dashboard software such as: Tableau, Qlik, RShiny, Python Bokeh, PowerBI, or low coding platforms (Mendix, Appian, PowerApps).
- Experience with descriptive analytics preferred.
- Experience managing tasks from requirements through completion.