SAIC is looking for a Data Science Team Manager that will serve as the data strategy lead for our Pilot Training Next project, a collaboration with the US Air Force to train undergraduate pilots using eXtended Reality (XR) gaming technology and adaptive learning systems. The ideal candidate for this role is a skilled data scientist or engineer with experience preparing data for use in analytical models, identifying hidden patterns, and conveying actionable insights to stakeholders. In addition, the ideal candidate has experience deploying databases, software, and data visualizations in an operational environment (on-prem and cloud-based). In this role, you are responsible for designing the project's overall data strategy and communicating it both at a high level to the customer and at a technical level to data science and data engineer team members. You must be able to manage and mentor team members to complete project tasks on time.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Provide analytical judgement and trend analysis based on research comparisons with past products.
- Analyze complex data sets using commercial and customer software.
- Ability to research, analyze information, and work on several tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Obtain data (structured and unstructured) from multiple sources, synthesize it, and present the results effectively and concisely in written and graphic form.
- Work with multiple teams within DoD organizations to understand their data environment (through data profiling and statistical analysis) to help led and grow their data analytics practice.
- Work with relational and unstructured data formats to create user-friendly analytic solutions that identifies and aggregates data elements into decision models and other analytic support tools.
- Ability to obtain, scrub, explore, model, and interpret data currently stored in various types of databases, using SQL and other data mining tools.
- Build and optimize data systems, deliver prototype implementations, chart course forward for scaling.
- Research and implement appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools and develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Ability to facilitate requirements, design, test, change request, and implementation activities related to the maintenance and improvement of data sets.
- Apply multiple test scripts to check for "clean" data, data accuracy, and normalization.
- Experience in designing architecture and underlying framework, including storage management
- Experience in various infrastructures such as a Kafka, spark streaming, mapreduce, pig, hive, hbase, sqoop
1. Ability to qualify for required Secret and desired TS/SCI Clearance
2. Bachelor's degree in related field with 10 years experience. 12+ years may be substituted for education.
3. 1-2 technical certifications related to database design and/or data analysis preferred.
4. Experience designing and maintaining software applications and data storage in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform)
5. Develop proof of concepts on cloud platforms
6. Experience with agile/scrum project management
Desired skills :
Lead a distributed team
Microsoft Excel expert
Experience executing complex SQL queries efficiently.
Be (or rapidly become) a thought leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer's mission.
Ability to generate written documentation of all work performed.
Customer-focused demeanor. Experience and comfortable briefing senior level executives and General Officer level military.
Keen ability to understand system integration aspects of integration model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment with cross-functional teams
Prior experience leading a small team is preferred.
Ability to work in rapidly changing environment.
Experience in machine learning technologies like Spark MLLIB, scikit learn, tensorflow.
Experience with software such as Hadoop, HDFS, Flume, Spark, DataFrame API, java,
Cloud ML Engine tools, systems and APIs to design and deploy advanced training solutions.
Design and implement predictive models that use both batch and real-time decisioning
My SAIC Benefits.