October 15, 2021
Job Description Position:
Data Scientist Location:
Reston, VA Per Executive Order 14042, new or prospective Comscore, Inc. employees in the United States, must provide proof of complete vaccination, or approved exemption on the first day of their employment. About This Role:
Comscore is a leading big data technology company that measures what matters to make cross-platform audiences and advertising more valuable. We are seeking a Data Scientist to mine our large-scale data sets (2 Trillion + records/month) and provide insights to help inform our clients strategy for launching and analyzing marketing campaigns around the world. The data scientist will be responsible for data analysis, design, and development of Cross Platform audience measurement products. Their work will have a direct impact on driving business strategies for prominent industry leaders. Self-motivation and strong communication skills are both must haves. You will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities, vague requirements, and rapid iterations. You will need to be comfortable taking risks.
Problems we are solving:
What, where, and when do people watch video content? Which sites and platforms are changing the behavior of consumer video consumption? How and where is traditional TV viewing shifting towards internet connected devices? What is the total audience for publishers with fragmented content across TV, computer, and mobile? How do we build flexible processes to handle the various data sources and reporting needs?
About our team:
Were a small but powerful team of data junkies, analyzing over 20 TB of data each day to deliver product and research solutions to our clients. We use Scala, Spark, SQL, Hadoop, Python, and many other tools. We work with Product Management on what problems to tackle and collaborate with Data Science and Software Engineering teams to create solutions.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Design and prototype solutions for data processing and methodology
- Drive architecture for analytical projects that span across multiple teams and functions
- Build, test new features and concepts and integrate into production process
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies
- Exercise your experience in the development lifecycle through analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of this system
- Collaborate with teams in Software Engineering, Operations, and Product Management to deliver timely and quality data.
- You will be the knowledge expert, delivering quality data to our clients
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline and 2-4 years relevant work experience
- in related field
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data
- Experience with Scala, AWS, SQL, Hive, Spark, R or Python and deep knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced business environment
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to consistently meet data expectations; holds team and self-accountable
- Ability to manage change, course correct, and respond decisively
- Ability to engage with Senior Leaders across all functional departments
- Ability to take on new responsibilities; adapts to change and executes
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.EEO Statement:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.