Job ID: 2117554 Location:
WASHINGTON , DC , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC's Civil Transportation Group is seeking a motivated Data Scientist with broad programming and Data Visualization experience for activities including prototyping and creating data analytics/visualization tools. This position will support the SAIC's Transportation Strategy and Solution Architect groups to advance the use of data analytics techniques and visualizations in solving data problems in aviation. We are using modern design approaches including rapid prototyping and agile development methodologies, to build and customize solutions conveyed through visualizations.
The position requires identifying approaches, defining and creating prototypes that use operational, maintenance, enterprise and mission data. Data analytics tools and Machine Learning maybe used to uncover data-relationships, data sequencing and generate creative insights, and approaches for assessing the data necessary for informed decision-making. The outcomes will support organizational approaches, to transform business, enable technical operations efficiencies, and provide informative content for various user groups. This position interfaces with SAIC's Transportation managers, Strategy members, technical and business development personnel and require strong verbal and written communications skills in presenting to different stakeholders.
- Creates, deploys, maintains and refines software used in data analytics, visualization and analytic models.
- Provides assessments regarding current, state-of-the-art industrial trends in the computer field.
- Designs and implements computer algorithms, software applications for data analytics and visualization of data including dashboards.
- Assists in the definition of data injection and processing, which may include machine learning and data mining strategies.
- Creates analysis procedures.
- Developing applications to retrieve, reduce and translate data from multiple sources and formats.
- Innovative in assessing and optimizing the use of software technologies for implementation in prototypes, data analysis and visualizations.
- Collaborate with Data scientists, engineers, users, and business development in identifying requirements and developing analytics and visualization software for demonstrations and analysis.
- Master's Degree in relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Computation Science, Data Science/Analytics, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering) plus 13 years of relevant experience or Bachelor's degree and 16 years of relevant experience
- Software skills include working multiple Operating systems (e.g., Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS is a plus)
- Skill sets may include modeling and simulation functions or operations such as, but not limited to exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, and instruction.
- Possess interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills to brief and work effectively with a range of stakeholders including technical, leadership and management teams, and customers.
- Must be able to successfully obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- Familiarization with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) data, databases, systems, modeling or simulation.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.