HIRE Technology is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst for a great client headquartered in Houston. This is a 6 month contract to hire opportunity.
Under the general guidance from Security Management, implements security measures to safeguard information and resources against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. Tests security controls through internal compliance reviews to maintain validity of the data access environment. Reviews and researches security logging for abnormalities. Responds to requests for creation or modification of system and application accounts. SME for the departmental applications and systems for availability and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Communicates and implements established physical, data and computer security policies and procedures.
• Establishes and documents new security policies and practices based on environmental and regulatory changes.
• Sets up secured access to facilities, equipment, network, systems and applications, and implements established access rules for data from validated management requirements. Functions as 3rd level support for security issues.
• Confers with System Administrators to incorporate new software security into established SIEM and IDS/IPS systems.
• Works with all IT areas to assist in the establishment of maintenance of security practices.
• Assist with the establishment, coordination or implementation of recovery test plans to continue data access processing activities at offsite location in case of emergency, such as fire at main site.
• Develops and implements tests of computer systems to monitor effectiveness of security. May be required to assist in training.
• Reviews computer logs and messages to identify and report on possible violations of security to management. Documents internal investigations of possible security violations. May be required to talk with employees about security violations or provide security training.
• Responds to security incidents individually or as part of an incident response team.
• Leads and executes security projects as directed by Security Management and reports on the status of these as required.
• Coordinates or assists with IT and Compliance audits. i.e., client or Regulatory.
• Participate in Security Group on-call rotation.
• Some travel to remote company sites may be required.
Education and/or Experience
• College degree in Computer Science, Computer Security, Management Information or equivalent degrees. May substitute prior relevant work experience and certifications for formal degree.
• Training or experience in project management
• 6+ years’ experience as a Security Administrator, data security practitioner, or systems administrator.
• Experience creating and implementing Security Policies and Procedures
• Experience working with multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent communication and people skills required
• 6+ years’ experience working with Windows and UNIX Servers, Networking components, Firewalls, Network Storage Systems, Email content filtering
• IT and Compliance auditing skills
• Proven Scripting, Programming, database administration and Networking experience
• Broad based experience across most IT areas such as; Systems Administrator, MS Active Directory and File Management Rights, MS Exchange Server and account administration, VPN setup and support, Security Tokens, Networking, SANs, MDM applications
• Experience configuring and supporting IDS / IPS, Log Monitoring, Configuration Control systems or SIEM systems
• Working in a team environment
• Excellent analytical ability
Houston area candidates only please.
No visa sponsorship provided.