Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Acts as the primary point of accountability for data security to business partners within assigned area. Supports and maintains security systems to ensure the integrity of company information and resources. Supports the investigation, identification, and resolution of data security events/breaches. Interfaces with internal and external entities to ensure adherence to data security procedures and policies. This job does not manage others This job works under General Supervision: Incumbent independently performs a variety of duties, including potentially complex duties within established policy guidelines; responsible for a defined set of assignments (e.g. assigned customers, claims or other specified set of responsibilities); is expected to set priorities and meet specific goals and objectives of the function or unit. (Typically pertains to advanced/operational, senior professional, unit supervisor)
- Responsibility for managing a Splunk Enterprise with Enterprise Security installation and all related components and technologies.
- Design and develop solutions for business and technical areas to address security event collections
- Provide operational support, troubleshooting and maintenance of Security related processes, controls or products.
- Implements with management review. Support reviewing or identifying and responding to security events and escalating to management.
- Consults with business peers to support and resolve data security events.
- Understands and has input to the budget process, and shares responsibility for cost-effective expense control of assigned projects. Participate in Security and enterprise projects as assigned.
- Act as a security representative at design and new technology meetings.
- Provides guidance to more junior employees.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- 3-5 yrs. experience with Splunk Enterprise and Enterprise Security preferred.
- Knowledge of SIEM technologies.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical communities to develop and deliver solutions for security event collection and analytics.
- Experience with network technologies(Cisco, Checkpoint,etc.) and packet capture solutions (ie. Netwitness)
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, it's structure, query language and integration interfaces
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Syslog (Syslog-NG)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Familiarity with User Behavioral Analytics concepts and systems
Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated. Once decisions are made, is able to follow and direct action to implement intended results. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.Team Orientation:
Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above self.Leadership:
Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next-level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.Planning and Project Management:
Works with the project manager in identifying those project tasks that are most important, establishes clear priorities and understands the larger picture. Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Three years of work experience within Computer Science or a related field required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.