*Remote position - candidate may reside anywhere in the USA*
K12 is a technology-based education company that offers proprietary curriculum and instructional support services to students in kindergarten through 12th grade. As the leader in K-12 online education for more than a decade, the company uses virtual public and private schooling methods to provide families with alternatives to traditional "brick and mortar" classrooms, giving children access to a high-quality education no matter where they are in the world.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K12 a great place to work.
The Data Senior Manager, School Services develops, implements and delivers data analytics, tools, and dashboards to School Services and Management. This role applies data knowledge to generate innovative solutions and consistently delivers results based on business objectives.
- Uses appropriate techniques, design, modeling and optimization to provide answers to complex questions and problems
- Drives the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyzes data and provides solutions to address business challenges
- Articulates results to CRE(Career Readiness Education) team members to increase the value add to the business; Articulates results to Customer Experience team members to increase the value add to the business
- Collaborates with other internal research and data science teams
- Works with CRE data sets and Customer Experience data sets such as student support, retention improvement, student and parent engagement, CRE course completion, work based learning, etc.
- Defines, develops and implements best practices for data cleansing, validation and general quality control
- Utilizes interviewing skills to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, and verify the business needs of the project stakeholders
- Analyzes and interprets the results of pilots, programs, and processes to drive efficiency across the department
- Identifies and understands user level security for dashboards and reports based on business requirements;
- Handles various adhoc reports that are requested throughout the normal course of business
- Develops high quality presentation, documentation, and analytical materials for consumption by senior management and field teams
- Stays current on data, visualization and analytics trends, topics and technologies and applies new knowledge to provide advanced solutions and shares developments with the team
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 0 - 2 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
IS K12 RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Do you communicate well?
- Can you build customer confidence?
- Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action?
- Is your manner honest and straightforward?
- Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines?
- Do you value others' opinions?
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree AND
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, technology, or education leadership AND
- Three (3) years of data analysis OR
- Equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Experience with data analysis, modeling, design and documentation
- Experience in developing reports and/or dashboards with reporting tools like MS Access, MS Power BI, Excel
- Knowledge of programming standards and techniques, ideally with experience writing in SQL and Python
- Ability to communicate technology concepts effectively with technically proficient and non-technically proficient individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in developing reports and/or dashboards
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to pass required background check
- Experience working in a public school environment