Have you ever spoken with someone and felt as though you just clicked? The magical feeling you get is the result of a personality connection. NICE-Mattersight creates that feeling every day, in call centers and companies around the world, through a unique suite of enterprise software solutions.
We have analyzed over a billion interactions for leading healthcare, travel and hospitality, financial, insurance, tech, telecom, utilities and other clients, and built more than 10 million (and counting) behavioral algorithms that leverage a world-renowned personality model. The resulting products help employees and customers have smoother, faster, more productive conversations with each other-in short, better chemistry. Mattersight captures millions of customer interactions and analyzes them, turning conversations into analyzable data.
The Data Services Support Engineer will be part of the Capture & Analytics Data Services team. This position will support the day-to-day operational needs of our data warehouse and SQL Server databases throughout the organization.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
1. Perform level 2 troubleshooting related to database performance, ETL jobs, or automated processes.
2. Answer questions from internal customers about reports coming out of the data warehouse or data residing in our database systems.
3. Manage code deployments to the data warehouse and other database systems.
4. Participate in an on-call rotation.
5. Lead database related projects like SQL Server version upgrades.
6. Proactively maintain documentation and training materials for other team members and for level 1 support teams.
Because of the data-centric culture and rapid growth of NICE Mattersight, a rich career path exists for the Data Services Support Engineer within Mattersight.
What you definitely have:
• 1-3 years SQL experience (T-SQL preferred)
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited university
• A demonstrated record as a learner, a problem solver, and a reliable and dedicated team member.
• Good communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to follow a process, documenting work and following change control procedures.
• A desire to automate and improve processes.
• Ability to work independently and drive projects.
• Curiosity and ability to work on areas outside of your current skillset.
What we'd also love to see:
• Experience administering an RDBMS - SQL Server Preferred
• Automation skills - Particularly with Jenkins and PowerShell
• Python experience
• Knowledge of Tableau or other Business Intelligence tools
• Exposure to ETL and data integration processes