Data Solutions Architect to join our development group. This role is an experienced IT professional, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. The ideal candidate is a practicing software solutions architect with experience in IT strategy, and who has driven projects through the IT lifecycle. He or she is highly collaborative and can bring predictability and success to IT projects by designing and employing repeatable and supportable software patterns, methodologies and best practices. The architect will support our services development and deployments that are utilized by internal and external customers. The candidate should have a passion for development activities and should possess deep development skills in SQL and NoSQL integrations, and be very familiar with database integrations to server side application services written in Java, deployed on platform as a service (PaaS) frameworks that are part of a continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) development process. As a Data Solutions Architect you will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the developed database technology patterns and practices and effect successful integrations with internal and external customers for the solution sets.
• Provide technical leadership to the application development, database support, and operations teams to insure appropriate architectural patterns are being implemented based on enterprise standards
• Drive toward uniform enterprise design patterns and approach and ensure standards are developed, implemented, and maintained.
• Work with development and operations to continue to educate and evolve the underlying technology to take advantage of new features that may provide a more secure, scalable, and highly available platform for our customers.
• Review designs, support / operations approach, and practices, make recommendations and partner with teams to drive improvements
• Review existing data management and architecture approaches and make recommendations to improve data access performance, operations agility, batch run service level capabilities, economics, and integration flexibility
• Proactively monitor performance of the data resource managers/data oriented software products and engage with services and development team to investigate performance issues and potential capacity bottlenecks.
• Identify the top hosted and cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
• Consult with clients, product management and development teams on redesign and enhancements
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 10 years of work experience.
• 8+ years’ experience in software design principles, software and data architecture
• 8+ years Hands on coding experience with SQL, and data movement tools (ETL)
• 3+ years’ experience/familiarity with API design and support of RESTful web service implementations
Skills and Experience
• Hands on database architect who can architect, design, code, and architect database applications.
• Hands on experience in DB design as part of solution.
• Experience in working on large end-to-end solutions involving high performance transaction processing
• Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
• Familiarity with DevOps Pipeline, GIT, JIRA is a plus.
• Familiarity with integrations with software platforms using microservices, PCF, Openshift, etc.
• Platform modernization experience in taking legacy Oracle applications to modern cloud-based and on-premise data warehouse, relational database, and NoSQL solutions is a significant plus.
Key technologies: Mongo, Talend, Oracle GoldenGate, Snowflake