Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a Data Solutions Architect to join our team and support our client in Silver Spring, MD.
When responding to this opportunity, please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter
Data Solutions Architect must have at least 10 years of IT work experience in leading, architecting, designing and developing projects using database technologies with Informatica, Oracle and SQL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the technical knowledge and leadership to design and implement data-centric systems, sub-systems or components according to the customer requirements.
- Propose, design and develop optimized data warehousing, ETL and data presentation solutions.
- Maintain system interoperability, develop and maintain server and storage hardware failure recovery solutions and designs, implement and maintain systems and databases backup solutions.
- Design logical and physical database structures.
- Install and maintain the Informatica Power Center ETL platform.
- Install and maintain database, application, web and IIS servers on both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Interface with infrastructure teams that include network support, system administration, hardware maintenance, security and desktop support.
- Create server architectures that minimize risk of sensitive data exposure, securing the servers to prevent unauthorized access.
- Ensure that methods for access monitoring and intrusion detection are properly implemented.
- Develop and maintain hardware system and database monitoring solutions to include developing and implementing comprehensive monitoring methods to log events and statistics and detect warning and errors and deliver alert notification.
- Research technologies and product offerings, design system architectures, define technical specifications, provide technical guidance for products procurement and vendor installations and assume the technical lead role in the site integration.
- Obtain vendor support to ensure vendor coverage is sufficient and current, maintain current vendor contact information, submit service requests, and implement vendor recommended solutions.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in supporting health surveillance projects and familiar with HIPAA regulations.
- Extensive experience in architecting and deploying Oracle and SQL *Server data warehousing solutions.
- Experience designing java and .net data presentation solutions.
- Experience in developing solutions, that integrate with existing systems and platforms.
- Research and identify new technologies to benefit the client.
- Establish project migration and implementation strategies.
- Must have experience with solutioning for advanced, complex, technical and business issues.
- Must have experience with transition planning and execution of multiple initiatives.
- Experience providing vision, anticipate issues and develop associated solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with consolidating applications, preferably in a SOA level.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience as a lead Linux/UNIX Sysadmin and Oracle DBA with current experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Oracle 12c.
- Requires proficiency in Linux shell programming, SQL and PL/SQL and in implementing and maintaining DELL and HP blade systems.
- Proven ability to design and build efficient and optimized ETL processes.
- Proven ability to present technical solutions to a customer.
- Ability to advise customer on strategy and be able to present complex ideas and IT solutions to large number of government officials, including business stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate.
- Track industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the enterprise's architecture needs.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Preferred field of study in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Sciences. Master's or equivalent experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- Experience in Healthcare/DOD background preferred
- Solid ability to interface, inspire and motivate at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment. May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)