Velocity Technology is currently hiring an experienced Data Solutions Engineer/Consultant for our client located in midtown, NYC. This is a long term contract position. Those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. We are not able to sponsor at this time. Qualified candidates should send their resume (Word Format) along with pay rate requirements to Robert Midoneck, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Solutions Engineer is responsible for systems data analysis, data integrations architecture and solutions design using variety of technologies, including MS SQL Studio, Erwin and Collibra Data Governance & Catalog.
The ideal candidate should have deep expertise with data management and data integrations technologies and a desire to drive change through data alignment across the organization. The Data Solutions Engineer will help the team develop a broad and expert knowledge on critical data domains, systems data integrations, and to establish data governance and data security architecture.
He/she will assist with the implementation of the Enterprise Reference and Data Quality programs, design and develop data models, perform systems integrations data mappings, current data state assessment, future data state definition and data flows processes analysis. He/she will also be involved logical design of the data marts and databases to support information data architecture.
- Analyze systems data integrations, create data lineage mappings and corresponding Collibra assets.
- Create logical data models based on Collibra Data Governance principals, such as data ownership and security. Design System Integrations Data Hubs and Data Analytics Structures.
- Apply industry best practices to assist IT teams on systems replacement projects with respect to data migration and integration mapping and solution design.
- Work as part of the Data Services & AI team to define, document and implement data management, enterprise data reference, data quality standards.
- Perform data analysis, execute data clean up, as per the established standards.
- Assist in solving highly complex problems in data analysis of the complex data structures.
- Design database solutions and define database physical structure and functional capabilities.
- Assist Data Architect and Business Information Architect in data management toolset evaluation and implementation.
- Upon completion of the engagement transition knowledge, both technical and functional to the Data Services & AI team.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Senior Expert knowledge in data modeling tools like Erwin and database technologies like SQL. This includes ability to reverse engineer databases using Erwin, analyze tables and structures, analyze complex ETL and stored procedures and write SQL code to extract data.
- Extensive experience working on the Data Architecture Projects.
- Advanced MS SQL expertise.
- Extensive Data modeling / taxonomy / metadata experience; specifically designing logical models / ontologies / data dictionaries from both business requirements and reverse-engineering.
- Extensive Experience in SQL/ noSQL database design and data marts design using data modeling tools, multi-dimensional database modeling, graph databases, including modeling for analytics
- Experience in MS Windows Server, MS Visual Studio, TFS, using .net, c# and REST APIs. Advanced knowledge of Excel, including formulas and macros.
- Experience in Data Management, Data Security, Data Quality.
- Hands on experience with Collibra Data Governance & Catalog to document data assets and relationship using Collibra templates is a +plus.
- Knowledge of the MS Azure data technologies is a +plus: Azure Data Factory, Logic Apps, Cosmos DB, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL, Azure SQL Warehouse, ML libraries.
- Client-focused attitude with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.