Job Title: Data Warehouse Analyst Job Description:
We are currently seeking a Data Warehouse Analyst that is responsible for building and maintaining data sets, reports, and dashboards to support business intelligence pertaining to Data Warehouse. They partner with managers and senior leaders to identify data and reporting needs, and then design and build data repositories, data pipelines, reports, and dashboards to support those needs. They manage the organization s data platforms and participate in the creation and execution of the organization s data strategy. They manage, administer, and use technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, Azure database services, Power BI, SSRS, and Crystal Reports. Responsibilities:
Report and dashboard creation -
- Collaborates with business leaders to identify data reporting requirements.
- Receives and process requests for new data reports.
- Creates reports using SSRS, Crystal Reports, and Power BI and/or Tableau.
- Develops self-service reporting capabilities and trains others on how to use self-service reporting capabilities.
Data platform management -
- Designs and builds data warehouses and data marts as needed.
- Performs general administration and management tasks for Microsoft SQL Server instances and databases.
- Optimizes database management for security, performance, and availability.
- Manages database access and backups.
Data pipelines and ETL functions -
- Creates data pipelines and ETL processes that support application-to-application data transfers, data migrations, and data warehouse enrichment.
- Ensures data quality and integrity during processing.
Data management documentation - Creates and maintains relevant documentation including data flow diagrams, data platform architecture diagrams, data catalogs, data dictionaries, and data platform security and resiliency standards and controls.
Data governance -
- Participates in data governance activities as a technical subject matter expert to assist in the creation of data policies, standards, and definitions.
- Collaborates with the Information Security Officer to identify data security risks, determine data security control requirements, and implement data security solutions.
Performs other related duties as needed.
Participates in Saturday rotation. Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: Five years of relevant experience in a combination of database administration, data platform engineering, data analysis, or business intelligence, including experience with: Managing data platforms including a data warehouse Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, and SSIS Crystal Reports, Power BI and/or Tableau Scripting languages such as SQL, T-SQL, and Python
- Creating data pipelines and ETL functions
- Creating data flow diagrams Creating or maintaining a data catalog Azure database services experience preferred IBM DB2 administration experience
- Preferred Financial institution experience
- Preferred Education: Associate degree in information technology or related field. Bachelor s degree preferred. CDMP, DGSP, Microsoft, or other relevant certifications preferred.
You should know:
- Expert knowledge of data management concepts and best practices
- Strong knowledge of databases, data warehouses, ETL functions, and data pipelines
- Strong knowledge of data query and scripting languages including SQL, T-SQL, and Python
- Ability to develop and execute a data management
Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process. Why Kelly ® Technology?
Looking to put your tech expertise to work on today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects? By partnering with Kelly Technology, you'll gain direct connections to top companies around the globe. Our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. In a world where change is the only constant, our extensive network of industry relationships and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, make an impact, and grow your tech career.About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.