location: Portland, ME
Senior Software Testing Analyst/Engineer for our Data Engineering, Services, and Warehousing Team. This is a very challenging but rewarding role embedded within a great development team, hands-on testing with a team and leading a distributed testing effort. You must have excellent people and communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize, and at least 7+ years of experience leading testing efforts and enabling overall Team and Solution Quality.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is a hands-on strategic role that will promote and maintain quality practices but also set the strategy for future development
- Works collaboratively with the application team to design and develop effective manual and automated quality solutions and guide Shift Left Quality practices and early Quality preparation and engagement.
- Ability to develop strategies and communicate with a broad audience of stakeholders in advancing the complete data quality solution
- Coordinates the testing approach across multiple scrum teams to assure consistency of the quality solution and drive quality best practices
- Develops and executes formal test plans and procedures. Reviews and assesses test coverage to ensure thorough quality inspection.
- Plans tests, writes test cases/scripts, and executes tests.
- Performs smoke, functional and regression testing, including appropriate levels of testing to ensure application quality prior to implementation.
- Documents, tracks and reports test results, defects and other quality metrics. Enters problems and issues into system and participates in resolution.
- Contributes to buildout and maintenance of automated testing efforts in conjunction with Automation Engineers.
- Helps design and develop automation frameworks and automation artifacts for variety of testing situations.
- Develops and implements quality standards, contributing ideas and effort toward continuous improvement and Quality enablement
- Delivers quality process training and is a quality consultant to advise and influence business or technical partners.
- Minimum Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination education and work experience.
- Professional certifications in data, data testing, or related areas, nice to have.
- A demonstrable record and mindset of self-improvement.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Best practice Data Quality solution delivery for on-prem and cloud footprints
- Experience with Apache Hadoop or Amazon EMR [not required but a huge nice to have]
- Highly proficient in Test strategy, planning, management, and coordination.
- Data and application functional (manual, automated) testing experience required.
- Broad-based Development skills or exposure and working knowledge of best practices to collaborate and coach the Development Team toward Quality solutions.
- Ability to objectively evaluate processes and to separate technical systems into testable layers.
- Ability to execute tests and troubleshoot problems.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), particularly Agile/Scrum
- Experienced with using dynamic practices and frameworks to improve Quality deliverables.
- Experience with automated testing tools such Informatica DVO, HP UFT, Test Complete, Selenium, TestNG, or other automation tools. - Really the biggest tools is being able to write automation using Python for automating data engineering efforts.