JOB TITLE: Data Visualization Engineer
Location: Florham Park, NJ
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, delivering next generation solutions that solve the most complex sensing, networking and communications challenges facing our U.S. Federal Government Customers, is seeking a Data Visualization Engineer for our Florham Park, NJlocation.
In this position you will work under limited direction, develop user-focused software that maximizes the usability, scalability, trainability, and sustainability of advanced Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems for LGS’s Wireless Solutions division in support of government customers.
LGS Wireless Sensing and Communications is seeking candidates for its research and technology Labs in Florham Park, New Jersey. In addition to Florham Park, New Jersey, we have rapidly growing R&D organizations in these locations: Tampa (Florida), Herndon (Virginia) and Denver (Colorado).
We are seeking the ‘best and brightest’ with a passion to solve tough challenges through innovation and the application of science and technology to catalyze impactful solutions for our customers.
The WSC lab performs advanced R&D to:
- Create novel wireless communications and situational awareness systems using standards based and custom communications protocols.
- Create unique small size, weight and power systems for use in air, land and maritime environments
- Employ advanced signal and protocol processing, channel modeling and waveform design from HF to W band and optical frequencies as well.
Join a fast-moving, high-performing multidisciplinary team with a record of success and opportunity for advancement.
LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Transform high level user and customer requirements for system functionality into streamlined, architected graphical user interfaces that are tailored to the specific end user’s operational needs
- Develop dynamic, vibrant user interfaces to foster smooth operation and user insights.
- Combine data visualization and data science expertise to form powerful user interface solutions
- Design and implement custom messaging protocols using appropriate communication tools and libraries
- Interface with existing third party software and hardware components and systems such as geospatial mapping and visualization tools and packages
- Optimize solutions based on performance, power and unique mission constraints
- Write user manuals and test documentation supporting hands-on field-testing of systems
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering and 4-6 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to balance requirements and objectives from multiple disparate user bases
- Development and integration of software command and control protocols between Windows GUIs and embedded sensors over Ethernet (TCP/UDP), Serial, and USB and serialization techniques including Google Protobuf, XML, JSON, and proprietary binary.
- Experience with configuration and development management tools such as SVN, Bugzilla, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MSSQL.
- Working knowledge of C#, Microsoft .NET framework, and Visual Studio development environment is desirable.
- Development and test installation packages such as InstallShield and NSIS.
- Additional languages such as Java, C/C++, Python, Objective C, Swift and associated development frameworks are highly desirable.
- Experience with automated GUI test tools is highly desirable.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Advanced degree preferred
To apply for this position click-on this link: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GOVCOLUCENT&cws=1&rid=3499
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.