Noblis is helping FAA manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation's aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation's aviation vision, this is the job for you!
In this role, you will engage directly with the client and project team to create functionally rich and intuitive data visualizations across a portfolio of web-based and native mobile applications that support telecommunications enterprise management activities for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). You will work closely with business domain subject matter experts, software requirements analysts, software quality engineers, and UX designers to design and deliver enhanced situational awareness and decision-making capabilities within the next generation of telecommunications enterprise management solutions using our proven agile solutions delivery framework. In addition, you will become part of the Noblis Center of Digital Excellence team that fosters the sharing and application of knowledge regarding current and emerging state-of-the-practice technologies and frameworks.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Collaborate with Outreach and Graphic Design team to develop website content, design, and layout
* Engaging with partners and stakeholder across agency programs and industry to disseminate relevant information through web and other platforms.
* Collaborate with stakeholders, analysts, and engineers to design and develop intuitive and engaging data visualizations that improve situational awareness and decision making;
* Transform large, complex datasets into graphical representations in the form of web-enabled charts and dashboards driven by SQL and/or NoSQL databases;
* Assess and develop high-level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements;
* Provide expertise as to which visualization techniques work best for different datasets and use cases
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent;
* Minimum 3 years experience;
* Ability to conceptualize and design rich data displays using diverse business and technical datasets to communicate results intuitively and accurately
* Data visualization experience with hands on experience creating interactive graphs and dashboards using charting libraries, particularly with D3.js and Highcharts;
* Knowledge of front-end technologies, HTML5, CSS3, Twitter Bootstrap, AJAX and Web Services integration;
* Applied user experience (UX), interface design and development experience;
* Hands on experience with progressive enhancement and responsive design;
* Development experience with .NET framework, Model-View-Controller (MVC) 4+ software architectural pattern, REST/SOAP Web Services, and JSON;
* Strong communication skills (both verbal & written) and ability to lead or contribute to multiple projects in an agile team environment.
* Experience with content management systems to analyze website traffic and engagement metrics.
* Experience with 508 Compliance standards and implementation.
* Experience developing geospatial visualizations backed by Google Maps, Google Earth, D3 charts, ArcGIS, or similar GIS technologies
* Experience designing and developing mobile data visualization and mobile analytics, particularly using Xamarin;
* Understanding of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Domain Driven Design (DDD) principles, enterprise patterns and classical design patterns;
* Experience creating original graphics using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator).
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Posted Date: 6/12/2017
Category: Software Development