Do you want to be part of a Data Warehouse team managing over 120 terabytes of data for a leading financial firm with trillions in assets under management?
The Data and Rep Technology organization is looking for a Staff. Data Engineer with a passion for problem solving data, solutions, customer service and interest in emerging technologies around Data warehouse and/or BI operations to support our Data Warehouse and Analytics and Business Insight platform and applications.
Our team supports the transformation, enrichment and the timely delivery of data assets to business users and applications across the enterprise. We also maintain key metadata used by our core batch processes like data dictionaries, batch job definitions, job scheduling details, report definitions and a multitude of other artifacts.
In this role you will work with a production management team analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving production issues around ETL and Data Analytics batch jobs. You will work with support analysts, ETL developers and BSAs to ensure the adequate operation of all components related to our Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence batch processing. What you are good at
What you have Required Qualifications
- Primary production support for data ETL jobs within the Integrated Data Warehouse and Data Analytics and Insights applications. Focus on processes around the availability, SLA and efficiency of our core data services, batch jobs and applications.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve complex production problems related to data, data file delivery, performance and server and application issues.
- Ensure completion of root cause analysis and eliminate repeated incidents.
- Solve problems related to the Core services systems and the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Collaborate with the Business Analysts and ETL development teams to resolve complex data design or transformation issues and provide solutions that meet business requirements.
- Work flexible hours as required to achieve a global follow-the-sun support model.
- Comply with, Identify and adopt operational best practices and process improvements within the following functional areas: Audit, Risk, Change Management, Event detection, Incident Management, Problem Management, Vulnerability Management, Tools and Application Support and Data Privacy and Protection.
- Plan and Support Platform Upgrades, Disaster Recovery Exercises, etc.
- Develop and maintain documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
- Be willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment.
- 5+ years of database technology experience in one of more platforms (Oracle, Teradata, MSSQL)
- 5+ years of experience working with Triggers, Store Procedures, Functions, Partitioned Tables.
- 5+ years Data Warehouse Experience (Dimensional Data Model)
- 3+ years of ETL experience in one of more platforms (Informatica PC/IICS, Talend)
- 3+ years of ETL experience in one of more BI Tools (Tableau, BO)
- 3+ years of solid UNIX experience (Permissions, file manipulation, utilities)
- 3 years of experience scripting in at least two of these languages: (Shell script, Python, Perl,
- 3+ years of experience on SQL working with large data sets.
- 3+ years of job scheduling experience (Control-M)
- 3+ years of experience working with off-shore and geographical dispersed teams.
- 3+ years of application production support and/or systems support analysis experience.
- 2+ years of Cloud environment experience.
Why work for us?
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases, dimensional data model. (Oracle)
- Solid SQL experience (Complex queries)
- Solid ETL experience
- Knowledge of Control-M Enterprise Scheduling.
- Knowledge of Incident and Change management processes.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization, including Senior Leadership
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with unstructured datasets, such as log files, email, and text
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.