r. Data Warehouse Specialist - Job Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Develop software solutions for safety and security applications through periodic software releases utilizing Microsoft technologies such as SQL Server, SharePoint, .Net Framework, Reporting Services (SSRS), SSIS and ETL.
2. Perform SQL Server database administration in redundant infrastructure, data analysis, develop relational data models and OLAP models by safety subject areas to support reporting and business intelligence needs.
3. Provide database administration production support as needed.
4. Perform other duties as directed by the Project Manager and Business Owners.
5. Development experience in MS SharePoint version 2010 and 2013 preferred.
6. Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
7. Ability to design and size SQL server databases and data warehouses or supporting development, test and production regions.
8. Ability to install, configure SQL server database in clustered/highly available environment.
9. Hands on experience of using SQL server native ETL tool and non SQL server ETL tool.
10. Hands on experience in Report design/development in Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence implementations.
11. Strong knowledge of one or more Business Intelligence toolsets, preferably MOLAP (Microsoft SSRS etc.).
12. Hands on experience in relational and non-relational data modeling.
13. Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server, SSAS, and SSRS.
14. Data architecture, data modeling, Complex ETL mappings, design and development experience using SQL and SSIS.
15. Experience with ETL development in database environments (SQL Server)
16. Create best practices for data loading and extraction and query optimization.
17. Facilitate requirements gathering using expert listening skills and develop unique simple solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of business customers.
18. Design, build, and maintain UNIX shell script processes.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in a Technical discipline or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
A minimum of 8 years of experience as a Data Warehousing Programmer using SQL Server.
Proven experience with T-SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
Tableau experience preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills and comfort interacting with and briefing senior leaders and specialists.
Strong written and oral communications.
Must be a team player who can contribute to team success.
ETL - Extract Transform Load, SQL - Structured Query Language, SQL/DS - Structured Query Lang/Data Sys